No Products in the Cart
The Beast Fire Starter™ is back! One of the biggest rods we sell, this rod is a fire-lighting machine and will make quick work igniting your tinder bundle!
The Beast Fire Starter™ is made using Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™. We believe we have developed the perfect blend of softness and durability. Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™ produces large showers of molten hot sparks at 3,000º C (5,500º F). The large rod allows for 20,000 strikes.
Imagine how many matches you would need to light 20,000 fires!
The extra-large rod sizes are easy to grip, especially when wearing gloves - perfect for colder climates and beginners.
Everything is secured using a 550 'survival' Paracord lanyard which includes strands of copper wire, fishing line, waxed jute, and parachute cord. This multi-purpose card is invaluable in the field and has a range of uses including repairing shoelaces, fishing, snares, shelter building, etc.
The new Stealth Fire Strikers™ are also included. Made from heat-treated Stainless Steel the Stealth Fire Strikers™ include 4hex bits, a beveled straight-edged tinder scraper/prying tool, and also functions as a bottle opener, a pretty handy feature when sitting around a campfire! More info on the design process is available here.
If we were going to the for an extended trip or hike outdoors, which rod to take would be a close call between the Beast and the Stealth Fire Starter™. The Beast Fire Starter is for people who are serious about their fire-craft and don't like to leave any room for error.
• Super large rods, 20,000 strikes
• Perfect for colder climates, gloves and beginners
• For people that are serious about their fire-craft!
• Includes Stealth Fire Striker™
• Large 550 'survival' Paracord lanyard, includes various material strands
• 3 years material and workmanship warranty
• Materials: Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™, Stainless Steel, 550 ‘survival' cord
• Dimensions: 101.6mm / 4” (L) and 203.2mm / 8” (L) - 12.7mm / 0.5” (W) both rods
• Dimensions (lanyard): 880mm / 34.64” (L) x 4mm (W)
• Weight: 4" 140g / 8" 210g