No Products in the Cart
Forest Fundamentals' Beast ferrocenium rod is a fire-lighting machine and will make quick work of igniting your tinder bundle in all weathers, here's why:
• The large 5/8" (127/203mm) ferrocenium rod produces a large shower of molten sparks at 3,000º C (5,500º F).
The thick (12.7mm) rod allows for 20,000 strikes. Imagine how many matches you would need to light 20,000 fires!
• The large rod is especially easy to grip, especially when wearing gloves - perfect for colder climates.
• Made from our unique blend of Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium, an industry leader - we believe we have developed the perfect balance between softness and durability.
• Includes our Stealth 6-function striker which also functions as a bottle opener, a handy bonus feature when sat around your campfire! Secured using a piece of 550 military survival paracord (500mm long).
• Pictures in the listing are of the 6" Beast rod
What is a ferrocenium rod?
Ferrocenium rods or fire-steels are one of the most influential innovations in outdoor products. They are extremely reliable. Unlike matches or lighters, they very rarely break and do not require any fuel. They are 100% waterproof and can light fires at any altitude, making them the perfect survival tool.
Fire steels are a blend of ferrocerium, a synthetic alloy that produces hot sparks due to a rapid oxidation process that occurs when you strike the rod. We believe our unique blend of Forest Fundamentals ferrocerium is an industry leader. It produces showers of molten sparks. We have developed the perfect balance between softness and durability. There is a reason Forest Fundamentals has set a new industry standard for ferrocerium rods!
This would make the perfect gift for anyone that enjoys bushcraft or spending time in the great outdoors, particularly those interested in developing more primitive outdoor skills. This product is extremely long-lasting and would make a unique gift to keep and remember!