No Products in the Cart
Meet our new Sidekick Fire Starter Set. As all of our rods are pretty hefty size, we wanted to offer something slightly smaller, but not quite as small as our Sidekick Fire Starter Necklace.
• The ferrocenium rod measures 3.14" (80mm) (L) x x 5/16" (8mm) (W). This rod allows for 12,000 strikes. The rod is made using Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™ which produces large showers of molten hot sparks at 3,000º C (5,500º F).
• Made from our unique blend of Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™, an industry leader - we believe we have developed the perfect balance between softness and durability.
• The Sidekick Set has been desiged so that it can be worn as a necklace. The necklace uses 550 military-grade survival paracord that measures (dimensions). The necklace length is fully adjustable. The cord includes strands of copper wire, fishing line, waxed jute, and parachute cord. The cord has a range of uses in the field including repairing shoelaces, fishing, snares, shelter building, etc.
• The curved striker keeps everything contained nicley which stops it from clinging and bashing when worn around the neck.
As this is an EDC tool, it was a top priority we squeezed a bottle opener in as well!
• If we were going to be in the wilderness for an extended period of time, which backup fire starter to take would be a close call between the Sidekick Fire Starter Necklace and the Sidekick Fire Starter Set. The Sidekick Fire Starter Set is the perfect is perfect for backpackers, EDC enthusiasts, or an outdoors person. You won't even notice it's there till you need it the most!
What is a ferrocenium rod?
Ferrocenium rods or fire-steels are one of the most influential innovations in outdoor products. They are extremely reliable. Unlike matches or lighters, they very rarely break and do not require any fuel. They are 100% wind and waterproof and will light fires at any altitude, making them the perfect survival tool.
Fire steels are a blend of ferrocerium, a synthetic alloy that produces hot sparks due to a rapid oxidation process that occurs when you strike the rod. We believe our unique blend of Forest Fundamentals Ferrocerium™ is an industry leader. It produces showers of molten sparks. We have developed the perfect balance between softness and durability. There is a reason Forest Fundamentals has set a new industry standard for ferrocerium rods!
This would make the perfect gift for anyone that enjoys bushcraft or spending time in the great outdoors.
This product is extremely long-lasting and would make a unique gift to keep and remember!