Meet the new Hive Fire Starter - It's not your typical rounded rod! The Hive is hexagonal with 6 flat sides result in more contact area with your Stealth Striker, resulting in more moulten hot sparks! The Hive Fire Starter, will make fast work of your fire lighting needs, here's why:
• The Hive is available in two lengths: 3" (76mm) and 6" (152mm). Both rods are 1/2" (12.7mm) thick. The thick rod allows for 20,000 strikes. Imagine how many matches you would need to light 20,000 fires! The Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™ produces large showers of molten hot sparks at 3,000º C (5,500º F).
• As all of our rods are pretty large, we wanted to offer something a little smaller, but not quite as small as our Sidekick Fire Starter Necklace
. The 3" length is the perfect size to fit in your backcountry fire kit. The rods weigh (weight - two sizes)
• Includes our updated Stealth 6-function striker which includes 4 hex bits, a straight-edged tinder scraper, and also functions as a bottle opener, a handy bonus feature when sat around your campfire! Secured using a piece of 550 military survival paracord (500mm long). The cord includes strands of copper wire, fishing line, waxed jute, and parachute cord.
• Made from our unique blend of Forest Fundamentals Ferrocenium™, an industry leader - we believe we have developed the perfect balance between softness and durability.
• This is the perfect for all ferro rod junkies, who just want to try something new! The Hive Fire Starter is also for people who are serious about their fire-craft and don't take any risks.What is a ferrocenium rod?
Ferrocenium rods or fire-steels are one of the most influential innovations in outdoor products. They are extremely reliable. Unlike matches or lighters, they very rarely break and require zero fuel. They are 100% waterproof and windproof and will light fires at any altitude, making them the perfect survival tool.
Fire steels are a blend of ferrocerium, a synthetic alloy that produces hot sparks due to a rapid oxidation process that occurs when you strike the rod. We believe our unique blend of Forest Fundamentals Ferrocerium™
is an industry leader. It produces showers of molten sparks. We have developed the perfect balance between softness and durability. There is a reason Forest Fundamentals has set a new industry standard for ferrocerium rods!
This would make the perfect gift for anyone that enjoys bushcraft or spending time in the great outdoors.
This product is extremely long-lasting and would make a unique gift to keep and remember!